Here on this page, you can find tax manager jobs near you in non-profit organizations in NY. Located in Western New York, we have specialized opportunities FOR LOCAL OR REMOTE TALENT to focus on and specialize in NFP Tax Return Review.
The Firm is seeking an experienced Senior Tax Manager specializing in NFP tax returns to assist with the management and business development of its Exempt Organizations Group.
Throughout his career, Freed Maxick has advised companies on ways to save tax, enhance accountability, and reduce risk. Our goal is to help our clients discover and achieve their bottom-line potential. We offer our clients sound business advice based on our depth of services and extensive experience in a broad range of industries.
Tax compliance and advisory services are provided by the NFP tax groups to NFP Organizations, Private Foundations, Public Charities, Religious, Pension Trust/Benefit Plans, and other charitable and tax-exempt organizations. Compliance services include 990 preparation, 990-T preparation, 990-PF preparation, and others.
Responsibilities For Tax Manager Jobs NY
In this section, we mention duties or responsibilities for tax manager jobs applicants but these responsibilities are not limited.
- Performs all accounting functions, such as preparing and reviewing tax payments and returns, to create a complete accounting record.
- Ensures tax forms are completed according to federal and state regulations and policies.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on tax legislation and regulations.
- Comply with tax laws by recommending tax strategies
- Preparation of accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports, to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Prepares 990, 990-EZ, NY CHAR-500 and 990-EZ form for exempt organizations
- Assists taxpayers by using their federal, state and local codes and ensures they receive the maximum benefit they are entitled to under the law
- Discover deductions and credits that you may be entitled to.
- Examine the financial records, which include income statements and expense documentation.
- An in-depth financial assessment is done by interviewing clients.
- Respond to notices of tax owed by clients.
- Provide recommendations for additional products and services.
- If necessary, review other’s returns.
- Evaluating the set of business records (Balance Sheet and Income Statement) for a fair presentation and balances we can be confident in, as well as the ability to convert from cash to accruals.
- The responsibility of this role is to ensure the accuracy, completeness and conformance of accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Teams; knowledge of ProSystems a plus.
- Help facilitate communication with clients, including memos, updates, and instructions.
- Provides confidential assistance to clients.
- Experience preparing the Forms 990, 990-PF, and 990-T and registering with the state’s charitable agencies
- Ensure that tax-exempt organizations comply with their tax obligations and provide tax advisory services.
- Managing a wide range of clients of different sizes and scopes, acting as the main contact.
- Relationship management with clients.
- Managing teams of tax professionals and assistants working on client projects.
- In charge of managing financial performance and risk for engagements, including budgets and collections.
- The goal is to provide high-quality advice and services to the tax community.
- Provide assistance to Directors in all aspects, including technical reviews, staff training, development, and management.
- Involved in researching and writing complex tax issues.
- The service focuses on higher education institutions, associations, healthcare entities, social service organizations and grant-making foundations, including private foundations.
- Provide supervision, development, and coaching to tax professionals.
- Ensure that relationships with clients are developed and managed.
- Service clients in a timely manner and exceed their expectations.
- Attend networking events to represent Freed Maxick in the marketplace.
- Provide proposals to potential new clients.
- Provide technical guidance to internal and external publications and to learning and development sessions sponsored by Freed Maxick.
- Work together on assigning projects and resolving conflicting schedules.
Requirements For Tax Manager Non-Profit Organization Jobs
- B.S. in Accounting, M.S. in Taxation would be a plus.
- CPA license in good standing
- Experience in public accounting for more than 10 years
- Working knowledge of how to review and prepare the Form 990 and Form 990-PF as well as state registrations.
- Experience with tax-exemption/non-profit organization issues pertaining to unrelated business tax, benefits, and other tax-exemption issues.
- An understanding of corporate and individual taxes is an asset.
- Knowledge of the technical aspects of the work assignment.
- The ability to organize, solve problems, think critically and analytically, communicate orally and in writing is essential.
- An ability to understand and apply the rules, regulations, and codes of conduct of relevant governing bodies (i.e. State Accountancy Boards, IRS, AICPA, etc).
- A progressive accounting background or experience in corporate taxation and public accounting is necessary
- Experience dealing with multiple clients and delivering high quality customer service
- The ability to supervise, build teams, and manage time is excellent
- Teamwork as well as working independently is a must
- Communication skills, both verbal and written, are excellent
- To ensure deadlines are met, excellent time management skills are required.
- An ability to solve problems
- Taking initiative is a must
- A keen eye for detail
- Working under pressure and meeting deadlines is a must
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency is required
THIS POSITION CAN BE DONE REMOTELY
How to Apply
If you are interested and meet the eligibility criteria of Tax Manager Jobs then you apply by click the below apply button. Also, you can apply for Latest Financial Analyst Jobs Buffalo NY [Freed Maxick].
Latest Jobs Update
- Target Jobs Hiring (50+ Posts) – Target Application Process
- Today Jobs in Airports Dubai (300 Posts) – Online Apply
- Teaching Jobs in Qatar Pakistan Schools (All Subjects) – Online Apply
- Latest Internship Of Meezan Bank (Meezanship Program) – Apply Online
- Deputy Assistant Director Jobs In Nadra (450 other posts)
- Latest Class 4 Jobs – New 11765 Vacancies In Education Department