Latest Tax department Jobs for you if you looking for a job Located in Western New York in Freed Maxick Firm as a tax leadership. Freed Maxick is a Western and Upstate New York’s largest public accounting firm that has recently announced opportunities for Tax Leadership, specifically with ASC 740 experience.
Description of Tax Department Jobs In Freed Maxick
The Tax Leadership position in Tax Department Jobs is an exciting opportunity to work for a firm that offers continuous training, advancement opportunities, flexible scheduling, a supportive environment, low turnover, and career/life balance.
This position requires a tax senior or manager with 4 to 10 years of experience in both public accounting and corporate tax departments, such as federal and state tax compliance, ASC 740 (FAS 109) tax reporting, SOX internal controls, working with foreign subsidiaries, and strong management and communication skills.
It is also necessary to be able to analyze tax issues and document tax conclusions in writing.
Responsibilities For Freed Maxick firm Careers
- Assisting with non-U.S. reporting for ASC 740, Accounting for Income Taxes.
- Examine foreign tax credit, 5471, and other international compliance returns by US international tax companies.
- Create memos for FIN 48 and analyze them.
- Keep up-to-date with current tax laws and developments, both federal and international.
- Because of the dynamic nature of the environment, you may need to work outside of your area of expertise.
- The preparation and recording of monthly, quarterly and annual income tax provisions in accordance with ASC 740, including analysis of ETR, deferred taxes, and current liabilities
- Keeping tax accounts up to date and preparing reconciliations for each month
- As required, collaborating with other business partners to understand sensitive accounts and determine the appropriate tax treatment
- Supporting US consolidated returns, state and local income tax returns, and franchise tax returns
- Supporting various audited states with income tax issues
- Maintaining and reviewing tax depreciation ledgers and completing netbook to net tax value reconciliations for the Fixed Asset Group
- Assessing and implementing tax planning opportunities
- Preparation of documentation for internal control testing as per Sarbanes-Oxley 404, and updating tax controls and processes as needed.
Tax leadership job rules
The opportunity in this role allows you to work on highly complex SEC and tax issues, encountering challenging issues you won’t encounter in other roles. You will be spending a majority of your time on various SEC filings related to tax provisions. If you are a high-potential individual who is highly motivated, we would love to hear from you.
Requirements For Tax Department Jobs
- Have experience with accounting for income taxes under ASC 740 for SEC registrants, either as an employee of a public corporation or as a client service representative with a public accounting firm.
- Ability to identify issues and calculate differences between Book and Tax for corporations and partnerships.
- A thorough understanding of federal and state taxation authorities (using CCH, BNA, etc.).
- Provides quarterly and annual provisions (current and deferred – ASC 740/FAS 109, FIN 48)
- A statewide apportionment factor can be determined
- Has knowledge of FIN 48 and FAS 5 accruals and reconciliations of tax accounts
- Complies with SOX (Tax Internal Controls)
- Reports on fixed assets are reviewed
- Contributes to the development and implementation of tax planning initiatives.
- In order to identify and report tax benefits associated with uncertain tax positions, it is necessary to identify unrecognized tax benefits.
- Assist audit teams with questions regarding ASC 740 accounting for income taxes and manage tax provision preparation
- Working with partners on targeting and proposal activities and participating in networking activities
financial services experience
- Certified Public Accountant
- Tax preparation experience for state and municipal tax returns
- An understanding of ASC 740/FAS 109 and FIN 48 is a plus
- Ability to present, interact with clients, and communicate effectively
- Developing and maintaining client relationships with a strong background is essential
Join our team and experience:
- Compensatory and benefit packages that are attractive
- Work at New York’s largest CPA firm, one of the Top 100 Accounting firms in the country, and one of the Top 50 firms as ranked by Vault
- Flexibility in scheduling
- Travel requirements are minimal
- Learn continuously
- Opportunities for advancement
How to Apply
If you are interested and meet the eligibility for Tax Department Jobs at Freed Maxick CPAs NY then you apply by click the below apply button. Also, you can apply for District Attorney Jobs Description, Salary.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements in confidence.
|District Attorney Jobs||View Details & Apply|
|HR Generalist jobs Online Apply||View Details & Apply|
|Associate Engineer Jobs Latest Jobs in Rochester NY||View Details &Apply|
|Latest Line Cook Job Riverhead NY||View Details & Apply|
|Latest Senior Account Executive Jobs||View Details & Apply|
|Best Writer Jobs [Sustainable Food & Drink]||View Details & Apply|
|Maintenance Jobs||View Details & Apply|
|Technical Advisor Job NY||View Details & Apply|
|Tax Manager Jobs||View Details & Apply|
|Latest Financial Analyst Jobs Buffalo NY||View Details & Apply|