If you are interested and willing to Nurse jobs in NYC don’t worry this is a big opportunity for you to join the Mayor’s Office of Contract Services. In New York, nurses are needed. Find a nursing job in New York to plan your next step in your career. There are a variety of nurse jobs in New York, including in New York City, Staten Island, Buffalo, and more.
Staff Nurse Jobs Description
As a staff nurse, you provide high-quality care to company staff, nursing home residents, and hospital patients. An employee nurse is a nurse who cares for people at a company, such as employees, residents of nursing homes, or patients in a hospital. They monitor patients’ vital signs, examine them, and nurture them through the recovery process.
The Department of Correction is seeking an experienced Staff Nurse to assist its Applicant Investigation Bureau (AIU). The NYC Department of Correction (DOC) is committed to reform initiatives and strategies meant to narrow the jail system without compromising public safety.
As an institution, the Department of Corrections is responsible for ensuring a safe and secure work environment for staff, visitors, volunteers, and those in its custody. In addition, safe jails provide the Department of Corrections with the tools, resources, and opportunities to help people in custody reintegrate into society.
With more than 10,000 professionals and experts in diverse fields, the DOC operates facilities and court commands throughout the five boroughs.
Responsibilities of Nurse jobs NYC
- The successful candidate will be responsible for evaluating the fitness for duty of Correction Officer Candidate candidates and follow up with them once they have been placed on review by the AIU doctors; track candidates medical statuses throughout their investigation period,
- maintain accurate and confidential medical records; supervise both uniform and non-uniform medical support staff; ensure adequate staffing levels for both in-person and telephone interactions; communicate with both internal and external units regarding a candidates medical status;
- present pertinent medical information to ‘candidates during candidate orientation sessions. As a Staff Nurse, you are also responsible for achieving the Unit’s priorities and goals including, but not limited to;
- compliance with existing departmental policies, ensuring effective and efficient operations, and maximizing staff productivity;
- maintain relationships with police departments both internally and externally to monitor trends and begin to adopt best practices; establish adequate accountability metrics within the Medical Unit.
Requirements For Nursing Jobs
Here we want to share some important requirements of nurse jobs with you but not limited.
A valid New York State Registered Nurse License.
- Good communication skills, strong analytical skills, strong research skills, and the ability to solve problems
- Ability to clearly communicate highly complex and technical information; Excellent presentation and writing skills
Succinctly and clearly explains matters
- Competent knowledge of medical evaluations, fitness for duty evaluations, and deployment planning
Exams and tests for medical clearance for employment
- Possess experience supervising employees at a range of organizational levels
- Capable of prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
The residency requirement is usually 90 days from the time of appointment. Some employees with certain titles who have worked consecutively for the City for two years may also be eligible to live in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange counties. During your interview, you will have the opportunity to discuss the residency requirement with your agency representative.
New employees must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus by August 2, 2021, unless they receive reasonable accommodation for religious beliefs or a disability.
If you receive an offer of employment with the city, you must meet this requirement before your hire date, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption has been requested by the hiring agency.
Registered Nurse Salary NYC
The average salary for a Registered Nurse job is $86,874 per year in New York City, NY Area. Salary ranges can vary widely depending on many important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, the number of years you have spent in your profession.
How to Apply
If you are interested and meet the eligibility for Nurse jobs in the Mayor’s Office of Contract Services at New York City then follow the below instructions.
For City employees: Go to Employee Self-Service (ESS)
- www.nyc.gov/ess and search for Job ID# 479033
For all other applicants: Go to https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov and search for Job ID# 479033
Submission of a resume is not a guarantee that you will receive an interview.
Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
|Development Assistant jobs||View Details & Apply|
|Latest Tax Department Jobs||View Details & Apply|
|District Attorney Jobs||View Details & Apply|
|HR Generalist jobs Online Apply||View Details & Apply|
|Associate Engineer Jobs Latest Jobs in Rochester NY||View Details &Apply|
|Latest Line Cook Job Riverhead NY||View Details & Apply|
|Latest Senior Account Executive Jobs||View Details & Apply|
|Best Writer Jobs [Sustainable Food & Drink]||View Details & Apply|
|Maintenance Jobs||View Details & Apply|
|Technical Advisor Job NY||View Details & Apply|
|Tax Manager Jobs||View Details & Apply|
|Latest Financial Analyst Jobs Buffalo NY||View Details & Apply|
- Latest Typing Jobs – Office Assistant Jobs NYC
- Latest Guard Jobs – Security Guard Jobs Near Me
- Amazon Warehouse Jobs – Latest Attendant Jobs Near Me
- Computer Teachers Jobs – Latest University Jobs As a Senior Center PSRL
- Latest Jobs At RPA – Automation Anywhere Careers NYC
- Software Engineering Jobs – Latest Splunk Careers NYC
- Senior Social Worker Jobs In Hospitals- Latest NYU Langone Careers
- HVAC Jobs Near me – Latest HVAC Technician Jobs
- Latest Principal Consultant Jobs – BJSS Careers Online Apply