District Attorney Jobs recruitment conducting by the Monroe County District Attorney’s Office. If you looking for a position at the District Attorney’s office as a Narcotics Investigator in Rochester New York then not worried this is a big opportunity for you. Currently, District Attorney’s office is looking for interested non-retirees who meet the minimum qualifications.
District Attorney Jobs Description
The role of this position in the District Attorney’s office involves organizing case files, integrating intelligence data into the case management system, determining eligibility for diversion to treatment programs by reviewing criminal histories and arrest records, conducting debriefings to gather intelligence, analyzing trends in narcotics usage and trafficking, and attending meetings with partner agencies.
Work is performed in accordance with established procedures. There may be times when the employee is required to work nights and weekends. Under the general supervision of the Chief of Special Investigations Bureau, the employee reports directly to the Chief Investigator. As required, performs related tasks.
what does the district attorney do?
A District Attorney represents people who have been charged with crimes in criminal trials. Crimes can range from the most serious to less serious, such as murder and vandalism. Local governments hire district attorneys to prosecute criminal cases on behalf of the government.
- Represents the state in prosecuting felony criminal cases
- Works with law enforcement officers in the investigation of criminal cases
- Presents cases to the grand jury
- Represents victims of violence in protective orders and represents the state in removing children from abusive households
District Attorney Salary NY
In New York-Manhattan, New York, the average district attorney’s gross salary is $152,463, or an equivalent hourly rate of $73. District attorney salaries in the United States are generally higher than this by 20% (+$24,932). A bonus is also included in their compensation, which is about $8,675.
Estimated salaries based on salaries surveyed directly from employers and anonymous employees in New York-Manhattan, New York. The average salary for an entry-level district attorney (1-3 years experience) is $105,936. Meanwhile, a district attorney at the senior level (8+ years of experience) typically earns $189,692.
There is a wide range of salary ranges you can earn depending on a variety of factors including education, certifications, additional skills, and how long you have worked in your field.
Requirements For District Attorney Jobs Rochester NY
Some requirements are mentioned below for District Attorney Jobs at District Attorney’s office as a Narcotics Investigator in New York, but not limited.
- (A) A three (3) year degree in Criminal Justice, Public Administration, or Political Science from an accredited college or university and seven (7) years of paid full-time or part-time experience as a police officer involving experience in narcotics investigations; OR
- (B) -Five (5) years of paid full-time or its part-time equivalent experience as a police officer at the Sergeant level or higher; OR -Seven (7) years of paid full-time experience as a police officer;
- (C) As defined by the above (A) and (B) limits, (C) is any combination of training and experience that is equivalent.